Explore Mount Hood’s scenic lakes from a kayak or canoe! Feel like you’re part of the mountain! Our canoes and hard shell kayaks are easy enough that people of all ages can participate. Kayaks and canoes can be rented at the Mt. Hood Adventure Center in Government Camp or we can deliver to your camp site! We have the exclusive permit in the Mt. Hood National Forest to deliver directly to you.
What’s the difference between canoes and kayaks?
Canoe and kayak are often used interchangeably, but there are a few basic differences:
- A canoe is a lightweight, open boat propelled by one or more kneeling or seated paddlers. Canoe paddlers use a single-bladed paddle and face the direction of travel.
- A kayak traditionally has a covered deck with one or more seats for paddlers. Kayaks are small, relatively narrow and propelled by paddlers with a double-bladed paddle.
Whether you choose to rent a canoe or kayak your experience on one of the many Mount Hood lakes is sure to be blissful. In case you’re looking for a reason to start paddling, we’ve come up with a few:
- Be close to nature: Canoes and kayaks are a great way to be close to the water and escape the hustle and bustle of Portland. Get away from it all and enjoy what Mount Hood has to offer.
- Exercise: Paddling gives you aerobic exercise mixed with upper body conditioning. Canoeing and kayaking are low impact activities and can improve both strength and flexibility.
- Relaxation: There are few things in life more relaxing than sitting in a canoe or kayak and soaking in the mountain air. So write your canoe rental off on your taxes and come up for some quality stress relief.
- Build Relationships: Whether you and your friends or family just want to hang out or you share a competitive nature you will surely grow closer through your paddling adventures on Mount Hood.
- Because It’s Fun: Why do you need anymore reason than it’s fun? Canoe and kayak for a good time and all the other benefits of paddling will follow suit.
We have recreational flat water kayaks and canoes great for paddling around our Mountain lakes. Take them camping or just go for a fun day on a local mountain lake. Give us a call or stop by, we deliver to area lakes every single day. Let us help you have the vacation of a lifetime that includes some great water fun!
|Kayak Rental Pricing||1-Hour||All Day||Overnight||Additional Day|
|Single Kayak Rental||$25||$55||$65||$45|
|Double Kayak Rental||$30||$65||$75||$55|
Price includes boat, paddles and personal flotation device(s).
|Canoe Rental Pricing||1 Hour||All Day||Overnight|
|14' Canoe Rental||$30||$75||$85|
Price includes boat, paddles, personal flotation device(s) and foot pump.
Delivery and pick up to our local lakes including Trillium, Frog, Clear and Timothy Lake is available. Give us a call to arrange your boat rental. 503-715-2175
|To Trillium Lake, Frog Lake or Clear Lake||$10 per boat|
|To Timothy Lake||$40 (up to 4 boats)|